DetExploit is vulnerability scanner for Windows platform. DetExploit will scan entire system, and checks for any vulnerable software installed on system. It also detects not-installed Windows Update packages.
DetExploit is really easy to use. You can just download latest DetExploit binary (now in develepment, wait a moment). And… done! You’re ready to scan. Entire source code is available through detexploit/DetExploit, so just quickly check it out!
- Easy to install
- Just download latest execution file from release page.
- And you are ready to scan!!
- Simple, but powerful
- Scan doesn’t require any complicated process.
- Just click on start button, to start the scan.
- Using 5 open vulnerability database.
- ExploitDB, JVN, NVD, JPCERT, US-CERT
- They’re all free to use, and also reliable.
- Not only software.
- DetExploit contains function to scan any not-installed Windows Update.
- By using Windows Update Catalog, it will automatically classify importance of update.
- High accuracy
- DetExploit uses registry and WMI to collect all installed software on the system.
- For registry, it uses three key for variation of version number. (ex: 1.0 or 1.0.0)
- These fact is telling that DetExploit is using 4 different information source from system, and that makes accuracy higher than other vulnerability scanners.
Download latest version of GUI DetExploit execution binary from Releases page.
Easiest way to run is shown below (Do not forget to unzip the downloaded file).
# Execute DetExploit C:\path\to>cd DetExploit_ReleaseYYYYMMDD C:\path\to\DetExlopit_ReleaseYYYYMMDD>DetExploit.exe
DetExploit is using Windows API and built-in library, to avoid installation of any dependencies. So do not worry about it!!
Comparison with other scanner
|Scanner||# of database||Supported OS||Cost||Easy to use||Accuracy|
|MyJVN Version Checker for .NET||0||Windows||$0||◯||×|
|McAfee Vulnerability Scanner||0||Windows||5980yen/year||△||×|
Please ask me any question through email@example.com, so I can check it as fast as possible. You can also join our official slack workspace, so it will be more easier for me to answer.
moppoi5168 (Twitter / GitHub)